Courtesy of Dogster Dogblog.
Snowy weather poses a challenge for those of us who want to maintain our sense of style — but I’m a firm believer that frigid temperatures don’t mean you have to get frumpy just to stay warm. In fact, winter weather offers a unique opportunity for you and your pooch to have fun piling on your fashion finds.
This week’s Dogster Picks cover the practical yet stylish pieces you and Fido will need to look smart in the snow.
1. Dublin Dog No-Stink Collar — Dublin Dog’s collars are made from a blend of synthetic polymers that won’t absorb moisture. Your dog will be able to play in the snow without having to deal with a wet and cold collar.
2. Windsor Wool Sweater — Every dog needs a great winter sweater to keep him warm. I love the old ski cabin look of this one.
3. REI Classic Dog Pack — A stroll through the snow will probably mean you and your dog will need more supplies than usual. This durable dog pack iwill hold everything your snow dog will need.
4. Orbee-Tuff Snowball — Perfect for the pup who wants to play with the snow year-round!
5. Pet Life Parka — This waterproof parka is the ultimate jacket for dogs who live in snowy climates. It’s waterproof and extra-warm, so you can be sure your doggy is happy and comfortable.
6. Mat Dog Bed with Carry Sack — This go-anywhere bed is water-resistant and well-insulated. In other words, it’s the perfect pad for your dog to crash on when he comes in from jumping through snow piles.
7. Echo Fair Isle Neck Warmer — Scarves and neck warmers might just be my favorite winter accessories. I love the extra volume and print they give to an outfit. If you’re looking for a chic print that will go with everything, nothing screams winter chic like a great Fair Isle print.
8. The A&F Skinny Jean — Looking for a pair of jeans that will fit comfortably inside your boots? Skinny is the way to go! This affordable pair from Abercrombie and Fitch looks great, and is made with a heavier denim to keep you warm.
9. Aigle Ecuyer Boots — These boots may look like expensive leather you would never dream of wearing in the snow, but they’re actually made of rubber and lined with a quick-drying material, making them ideal for trekking through seasonal terrain.
10. Steve Madden Faux-Fur-Trim Hooded Parka — A great parka is a snowy climate must. Be sure to look for one that cinches at the waist, like this one, to make it figure flattering. There’s no need to go out looking like a marshmallow.